This general Consultancy Agreement allows you to insert all of the commercial features such as scope, milestones, timeframes, fees and payment in the “Details” section on the first page.
The important legal terms and conditions that follow cover essential key concepts for your consultancy business including:
- A right to be paid within a certain timeframe and the right to stop work and charge interest if you are not paid
- The right to revise your fee estimate if the scope of the arrangement changes
- That you retain any background intellectual property that you bring to the arrangement. Any intellectual property that you develop will transfer to the client, however, only upon payment
- A right to end the relationship with the client without having a reason. You will need to specify how many days’ notice you need to give them
- A right for both parties to have any confidential information protected from mis-use